Authors on Call
We meet in our
virtual Zoom Room.
Authors on Call is the interactive videoconferencing group of iNK Think Tank.
All authors in the group have written Nonfiction Minutes that will be published in the 2017-2018 school year. This is a good way for your students to have a conversation with one of us. We are booked through the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration. The titles listed below are links to the descriptions of our programs.
Jan Adkins Program for Students:
- The Science Fair Coach
- How Do We Know the Earth Is Moving?
- Discovery! Discovery! Why Scientists Love Science (STEM and NGSS aligned)
- Harry Houdini: The First International Superstar
- The “We Dare You!” Video Project
- This Place Is Wet: The Amazon Rain Forest
- Begin with a Bang, End with a Snap! How to write anything with power and clarity
- Shrieking With Excitement Over the Solar System Also available as a Class ACTS program using her book What’s the BIG Idea?
- Hands-on Science for Prek-1
- A Love Story/Something Out of Nothing/Marie Curie and Radium
- Computer Geeks Who Changed the World: Tech Titans
- X-Rays: Not Just for Superman Anymore
- CSI Meets the Biography Channel/The Many Faces of George Washington: Remaking a Presidential Icon
- X-ray Vision Reveals– The Skeleton Inside You / Science with Sizzle
- A REAL James Bond experience, In Defiance of Hitler: The Secret Mission of Varian Fry
- Concussions and Football: Understanding the Issues
- How to Find Amazing Primary Sources Online: Navigating the Library of Congress Collections
- Tips on Biographies and Nonfiction Features with a Nonfiction Author
- Secrets of the Statue of Liberty: How it was Built and Why It Became a Symbol of Immigration
- 101 Years of National Parks and How They Almost Didn’t Happen
- A Century of “Herstory”: Global Conflict Seen Through the Eyes of Women War Reporters
- In the Fields and the Trenches with Young Folks of World War I
- The Brilliant, Bizarre Isaac Newton — STEM/Common Core aligned
- The Courageous Chemistry of Dr. Percy Julian (STEM and NGSS aligned)
- Don’t Get Duped
- Wild About Research!
- Wild Discoveries! Wacky Animals + Careful Observation = Fantastic Descriptive Writing
- Healing an Ecosystem: The Story of the Wolf’s Return to Yellostone (STEM Aligned)
- The Lewis & Clark Expedition: A Story of Hardship and Discover (CCSS aligned)
- I Spy Magnify
- Instastem - A Class ACTS program that puts art via photography into science
- LET’S READ, COUNT, AND SHOUT! Having Fun with the CCSS
- Mars: Exploring the Red Planet (STEM and CCSS aligned)
- NAME THAT BUG: Looking Closely at Insects and Spiders (STEM and CCSS aligned)
- George Washington Plants A Nation
- Was George Washington a Scientist? (CCSS aligned)
- Brainstorming Ideas: Turning a boring topic into exciting nonfiction
- What Would You Have Done?: Andrea Warren’s Books About Brave Children
- Charles Dickens: One of History’s Greatest Writers and Reformers
- The Orphan Trains: Finding Families for Homeless Children
- What Children Experienced in the Civil War: Three Young People at the Siege of Vicksburg
- Hitler’s War Against Children: How One Boy Survived the Death Camps
- Vietnam War Orphan: One Boy’s Journey to America